For the past three years, my family hasn’t dreamed of missing the Gluten Free & Allergen Friendly Expo. We travel six hours every year from Mississippi to Atlanta, GA which is the closest GFAF Expo to our home. It is an amazing event that we just don’t skip.
Sadly, I won’t be able to make it to Atlanta this year due to a scheduling conflict. The whole family, even my daughter and husband who aren’t gluten free, was disappointed that we wouldn’t be able to make it to Atlanta. Then, I remembered the date for GFAF Expo-Chicagoland was quickly approaching so we had to quickly decide if we would make the nine-hour trek from Mississippi to Chicago (Schaumburg, IL) for the event. Hmmm...To go to GFAF Expo-Chicagoland, or not to go; that is the question.
Obviously, we had to consider the extra drive time, but there were other things that we had to consider as well. We decided to make a list of pros and cons…
1. GFAF Expo-Chicagoland is the largest gluten free event in the entire United States! I had the opportunity to interview GFAF Expo Founder Jen Cafferty last year in Atlanta. She told me the Chicagoland event was much larger. Based on the enormous amount of goodies we brought home from Atlanta, I can’t even imagine a larger event! Want to see how awesome GFAF Expo-Atlanta was last year? Click on the GFree Genius video below to check it out!
2. We’ll get to try lots of amazing gluten free food. Nathan has already made a list of his favorite brands and I’m excited to introduce him to new brands that he hasn’t tried yet. I don’t have to worry about feeding him lunch because he will have plenty to eat at the GFAF Expo!
3. We can try before we buy. There are hundreds of products to demo and we can try them all! I have spent WAY too much money on bad gluten free foods that went straight into the trash. I love that Nathan can sample donuts, pizza, cookies, bread and pasta before I spend my hard-earned grocery dollars on something he spits out. Many exhibitors also offer special buys for expo attendees that make it worth the trip. Last year we stocked up on pancake mix, bread, spices and even new pillows for the kids!
4. FREE PRODUCTS and COUPONS! Every attendee gets a tote bag upon entry that is already half full of gluten free goodies, coupons and resources. Last year we brought home so much that we could barely fit the kids in the car. We didn’t have to worry about what to put in Nathan’s lunch box for the rest of the school year!
5. It’s not only about food! I love learning from the free classes that are offered. I have learned so much from industry experts and look forward to taking a seat, giving my feet some rest and learning about resources to help me better manage my family’s health. There are also many exhibitors present that share information about their services and tons of resources.
6. I get to see my gluten free friends and make new ones! This is my tribe, friends. I love to get to know other bloggers, authors, exhibitors, speakers and other gluten free people just like me!
7. As an official blogger for GFAF Expo-Chicagoland, I have been authorized to give away FREE TICKETS!!! Keep reading for more information on how to win!
All of that sounds great, right? Well, there are some Cons, too.
So, after weighing the pros and cons, we have decided to take a road trip from Mississippi to Chicago so we don’t miss the fun…or the donuts! We hope to see you there! Keep reading for more information.
Here’s the important stuff:
Location: Schaumburg Convention Center, Schaumburg, IL
Date: April 7-8, 2018
Time: 10am-4pm both days
Promo code to save 20 % off tickets: ADVANCE
To enter to win a free ticket to GFAF Expo-Chicagoland, just comment on this blog post with what you're most looking forward to sampling at the event. 18+. U.S. only, Please enter only if you are certain you will be able to attend. Ticket is for admission only and does not include travel. Contest ends 3/25/18 at 7pm CST. Winners will be notified by email on 3/26/18.
If you would like to purchase advanced tickets to avoid a line at the door AND save 20 percent, click here and use the promo code ADVANCE.
This discount will expire on April 6, 2018